Thursday, September 4, 2008

Macau Trip with My Crazy Family :-) DAY FOUR

On the last day (Day 4) of our trip, there were still a couple of things on our To do List.....so, we packed early and went to Cafe Deco for our last buffet breakfast in Macau. Only 6 of us + the pastor and his wife, who blessed the condo unit, ate breakfast. The others scrambled to go to the shops in Old Macau for last minute shopping. We ate breakfast hurriedly because i insisted that i'm not leaving Macau without getting the chance to ride the Gondola.







On our way to the Gondola Boutique to purchase our tickets (88HKD each)







Enjoying the view with Bea, Tita Ems (took this pic) & the Gondolier



The Gondolier was very courteous and accomodating. She told us that she has been to the Philippines (Cebu, Sagada, Banaue & Palawan) and she's planning to go again. She also shared with us that they named the gondolas based on the upholstery.....there's Purple Haze, Black Death and Fire Red, i think. It was a quick but super worth it trip. Our stay at The Venetian wouldn't have been complete without the Gondola ride. BTW, the gondolier had an amazing voice. I couldn't understand any of the words, but the voice was great! After out gondola ride we rushed in search of See's, the store with heavenly chocolate! Sorry no pictures, i was busy trying out all the chocolatey assortments on display. Sarap!





After the sugar overload, we headed to Canton for lunch. The food was great! I've had just about enough of peking duck to last me a lifetime! This resto is also probably one of the prettiest restaurants i have seen.












Anyway, while having lunch, during the course of our conversation, the pastor (he joined again for our last meal) asked me "So, in what University do you go to?" and i was like, "Me?" I was a bit shocked and happily surprised that he thought i was still a student...or baka mali ako...mukha talaga akong teacher...... so i asked back "You think I'm still a student?" and he was like, "Well, yeah!" So i pushed my luck and asked again "So, how old do you think am I?" You know what he said......." Eighteen! You look eighteen!" See, he made my day! Then i had to tell him my real age to make 18 sound sweeter. When I told him i was 30, he said i don't look my age, maybe because i have a baby face.......and at the back of my head i was thinking maybe BABY FAT! Hah!

He made my day! See, I look even younger than the 23 years that i'm pretending to be. What a way to end my trip!





4 comments:

Domestic Goddess said...

Pat, are you sure he's a real pastor? I thought religious people are not supposed to lie? Bwahaha!!! Claiming that you're 23 years old is kinda pushing it, but 18?!?? Baka naman malabo na mata nya. Hehe! So if you're 18, then 17 pala ako. Haha!

teacherpat said...

Bwahahaha...Swear, pastor siya! Sabi ko pa nga..."Okay, I look 18 with your glasses on and 17, without!" Hahaha

Baby face nga daw eh...or nahihiya lang sabihin na baby fat....

Domestic Goddess said...

Come to think of it (imagine me saying that the way Aris would say it), baka nga inabutan sya ng hiya. Kasi the first two letters of face and fat are the same. Haha!!

teacherpat said...

hahaha...soooo aris nga!